Saturday, August 15, 2015

Untouched

My kiddo and I took a short trip earlier this week and along the way, we made a stop to enjoy the scenery.  This is one shot from a scenic overlook:



We got to talking about how so much of the land is "untouched".  She was musing that it really isn't "untouched", but maybe just that it hasn't been touched in a long time.  Even with the established farms, there was something that felt wild.  Free.  At peace.  

The air was so crisp and clean, and the green hills and fields were so lush.  It made me long for a simpler life...something far away from what I live on a daily basis.  

I tried to remember a time in my life when I felt untouched.  Wild.  Free.  At peace.  Exactly the way God intended me to be.  In my natural state.

Lately, though, I'm not sure who God intended me to be or what my natural state is--everything feels unnatural these days.  I've been floundering and questioning my whole existence.  Maybe it's my age, or life circumstances, or my kiddo growing up so fast.  I don't want to turn back the clock.  Going back and dwelling on the past doesn't change anything.  But I do wish I could capture that untouched part of myself and let her out to play for a bit.  Being a grown up gets awfully demanding and lonely sometimes.

Enough nostalgia and wallowing for one night.  Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: