That is SO TRUE.
So I made a few small changes to boost my own mood, even if other people are intent on bringing me down.
- Wearing high heels a few times a week to work...because I LOVE high heels. Who cares if they make me way taller than all the men in my department? I'm tall and heels make me taller. They can deal with it.
- Wearing bold lipstick. Not trashy, but brighter/darker than the nudes and neutrals I wear. Makes me feel like people pay more attention when I speak. That's probably all in my head, but I'm surprisingly okay with that.
- Embracing my curves and flaunting them with stylish clothes. There's really no good reason for me to hide behind dark slacks and boxy sweaters.
- Making at least one person laugh every single day. Laughter is contagious. I highly recommend you catch some.
- Stepping outside of my comfort zone at least once every single day. This is hard, but I've been doing it. And I'm genuinely surprised, in a good way, at the positive reception. Turns out that I'm a pretty neat person when I let people see my hidden side.