Monday, November 05, 2012

Small Changes

After yet another cluster of difficult days and weeks, I finally just made up my mind to be in a good mood regardless of what's going on around me or how crabby other people are--what's that old saying?  Life's too short to spend with people who suck the joy out of you.

That is SO TRUE.

So I made a few small changes to boost my own mood, even if other people are intent on bringing me down.

  • Wearing high heels a few times a week to work...because I LOVE high heels.  Who cares if they make me way taller than all the men in my department?  I'm tall and heels make me taller.  They can deal with it.
  • Wearing bold lipstick.  Not trashy, but brighter/darker than the nudes and neutrals I wear.  Makes me feel like people pay more attention when I speak.  That's probably all in my head, but I'm surprisingly okay with that.
  • Embracing my curves and flaunting them with stylish clothes.  There's really no good reason for me to hide behind dark slacks and boxy sweaters. 
  • Making at least one person laugh every single day.  Laughter is contagious.  I highly recommend you catch some.
  • Stepping outside of my comfort zone at least once every single day.  This is hard, but I've been doing it.  And I'm genuinely surprised, in a good way, at the positive reception.  Turns out that I'm a pretty neat person when I let people see my hidden side. 
Go me!

No comments: