Friday, November 04, 2011

Adult Whining

I feel like most of my posts the past few months have lacked real substance.  I have plenty in my mind that I want to share, but just having a hard time getting it on paper...or on my blog.

It's funny how annoyed I get when people whine.  I also get annoyed with myself when I get whiny...and I've been pretty whiny this week.  Just sick and feeling icky.  It's been hard to concentrate on anything and get even the simplest tasks done.  There was a time in my life when being sick barely slowed me down.  Of course, back then it seemed like I was sick all the time, so it just sort of became a way of life.  Now that I'm healthier and only get really sick maybe twice a year, it has a bigger impact on me and leaves me drained.  I shouldn't even whisper a complaint, though.  My kiddo is sick, too.  You'd never guess it.  She's in a great mood and was just jumping on the couch.  Of course, that burst of energy could be from the steroids.  But she does have fluid in her lungs and she needs to rest.  My poor baby.

Anyway, even though it's been a not-great week, I've worked to keep up with my five things.  Not perfect, but at least okay.

1.  I was in bed before 10pm every night except last night.  I got home from teaching and ate dinner, then read a book for a while.  Got to bed around 11pm. 

2.  Exercise has not been a priority, especially when any exertion has been making me cough.  I have, however, snuck in a few short walks.

3.  Lunches have stayed consistently healthy and inexpensive.  Dinners have been pretty good.  I missed veggies last night.  Before that, though, I was going crazy eating Brussels sprouts.  SO GOOD.

4.  Laundry has been caught up.  In fact, I was even able to skip one day because there was no laundry to do.  Go me!

5.  I haven't taken my supplements daily, but I'm getting better.  I'm still working on making it part of my regular routine.  I find that I do best if I take the Vitamin D in the morning and the flaxseed in the afternoon. 

That's about it.  I'm hoping for a quiet, easy weekend.  We're pretty much housebound, not really smart to take the kiddo out when she's so sick.  I may let her go out in the yard later for some fresh air, but no public places.  Her poor immune system is taking a one-two punch between being sick and the immune system suppressing steroids.  We're going to have a coughing contest, wear ourselves out, eat some dessert (before dinner, tee hee!) and then go to sleep!  :)

No comments: