Monday, October 24, 2011

Snap, Crackle, Pop

Nope, not Rice Krispies.

My knees.

Ouch.

A few days of high-impact workouts and my knees are paying the price.  The crunching sound is making me cringe.  I slathered on a bunch of Icy Hot and I'm taking it easy tonight.  It feels weird not to work out now that I'm back in the habit, but I'm going to be a good girl and listen to my body and just rest.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I'll do Pilates, maybe swimming depending on what time I wake up.  I miss swimming.  My schedule is so packed these days, the only time I can go is when the pool opens at 4:30am and truth is, I'm just not that motivated to get up so early.  I barely sleep as it is, so getting up that early is not particularly appealing.

I know it's only Monday, but I'm looking forward to the weekend.  It's going to be quiet, I'm going to work on finishing the kiddo's Halloween costume, finish a puzzle, do some cleaning.  I know it's nothing glamorous, but there's peace in the routine of simple tasks.  Ooohhh...and I think I'm going to take in the fun, haunted activities at the zoo Saturday night.  That should be a great time!

Until then, though, I have a bunch of stuff to take care of, including a stack of papers to grade.  Fooey.  More nonsense later...

No comments: