Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I usually enjoy Halloween, but I'm having flashbacks to last year when I was horribly sick.  I woke up around midnight burning up (but strangely freezing) with a hideous sore throat and stuffy nose.  I've been taking Zicam and drinking warm water with honey and lemon.  I even got desperate and threw a tablespoon of vinegar into a 12oz glass of water and chugged it.  It doesn't taste all that good, but for whatever reason, it seems to help.  I also caved in and bought some nighttime cold medicine--hopefully that'll ease my symptoms.  I need good rest tonight because I have an early meeting tomorrow.  Speaking of rest, that brings me to my update...

1.  I was in bed at 9:46pm last night.  GO ME!  I'm feeling sick enough that I'm actually aiming for 9:30pm tonight, whether or not housework is done.

2.  I didn't exercise last night.  I felt weirdly fatigued--which I now know is because I was getting sick--but I did walk a few blocks today when I took my kiddo trick-or-treating this evening.

3.  Was off work today, so I ate lunch and dinner at home.  Lunch was a sandwich, nothing fancy.  Dinner was pork chops and mashed potatoes.  And I heaped my potatoes with a pile of green onions.  My breath may be stinky, but I got a good dose of vitamins and it counts as my veggies for the day.

4.  Did some laundry today since I was home.  Washed, dried and folded 3 loads.  Just need to get them put away, which I'll be doing while my kiddo takes a bath tonight.

5.  Missed my flaxseed and Vitamin D today, but I think I balanced it out with my immune-system-supporting tablets. 

I'm kind of bummed that I'm not feeling well, because Halloween is my favorite time of year and it was hard to enjoy it.  That being said, though, I had a nice time with my kiddo, got to help out with her classroom party and spent a fun couple of hours with her.  We're chilling out for a little while longer and then it's off to bed for her. 

No comments: