Monday, October 17, 2011

Gittin' It Done

Well, day one of five is going okay...

1.  I folded some towels that were left on the couch and I'm going to straighten up my bookshelf.

2.  I have a workout DVD ready to go as soon as the kiddo is in bed.

3.  I ate leftover pulled pork chili for lunch, along with string cheese and some fruit.

4.  I was in bed by 10:06pm last night.  I'm hoping to shave off those six minutes tonight.

5.  I'm posting my update.  Go me!

Aside from that, though, I have been beyond frustrated at how cluttery my house has been.  Working long days, teaching and juggling the kiddo's school and homework is daunting and my house is suffering.  I finally told the hubby that I think we need to convert the spare bedroom into an office and get the living room cleared out.  The spare bedroom was supposed to be for another baby, but unfortunately, that's not happening anytime soon, if ever, and I think the space should be put to good use.  I honestly get angry at the clutter and it messes up my nights.  Not good. 

We're also desperately in need of new carpet and furniture.  Those are luxuries that we can't really afford right now, but on the other hand, I'm also tired of sinking almost to the floor when I sit on the couch.  We bought the couch and loveseat seven years ago--it was a floor display at a furniture store that was going out of business.  It was pretty abused, but we got a sweet deal on it and it's lasted far longer than we thought it would.  I've been flipping through furniture ads trying to figure out what we can afford and I was pleasantly surprised by some of the deals out there.  I think with the economy still suffering, stores are trying to lure customers in with good prices, plus with the holidays coming, there are some pretty good deals.  I wish we could afford all new flooring, but I think the furniture needs to come first.  We'll see.  I'm getting antsy and tired of waiting for a "good" time to take care of things.  I'm no longer convinced that there's ever a really good time to do anything. 

Anyhoodle, that's about it.  I have to go clean up from dinner, finish up some laundry and then get my workout in before bed.  More nonsense later...

No comments: