Sunday, October 16, 2011

Attempts to Keep My Sanity

The past few weeks have have proven, once again, that my failure to take care of myself and refill my tank with some "me" time, results in crabbiness, being quick-tempered and generally unhappy.  In an effort to start feeling better, I decided it was time to pull out my trusty "Five Things in Five Days" plan that I started a while back...five simple things to do in five days to make me feel better, make my life a little easier, whatever.  Here goes:

1.  I will clean or organize one thing each day.  Not necessarily a whole room, but maybe a cluttered spot.  Something easy to tackle that will make me feel good when I'm done.

2.  I will get some type of exercise.  In the crazy chaos of my days, I've stopped taking care of myself physically and that needs to change.  Even if it's a short walk or a Pilates DVD, I will do something each day to get my body moving.

3.  I will bring lunch to work each day this week. 

4.  I will make a conscious effort to be in bed by 10pm each night.

5.  I will make a conscious effort to blog each night about how I'm doing with this happy little list.

Let's hear it for accountability.  I've posted it, now I have to actually do it!

No comments: