Friday, October 21, 2011

5

Day Five...I have to give myself a little credit.  This round of Five Things in Five Days wasn't perfect, but if nothing else, it was kind of a catalyst to get me blogging again.  First, my summary...

1.  I cleaned and organized the top of my desk at work.  Mostly it came down to catching up on filing--I never realize how many papers I've collected until I need to get them in their proper places.  The only pile of papers left are all actual work that I have to do on Monday.

2.  I did Pilates last night.  I started a Firm workout tonight then got sidetracked when the kiddo was having trouble falling asleep.  I finally gave up, snuggled with her and read a book.  I'm going to make an effort to squeeze in a morning workout tomorrow.

3.  Simple lunch again: Sandwich, yogurt and apple.

4.  I got to bed at 10:36pm last night.  Definitely later than I would prefer, but I got my workout in and I felt really good, so it was okay.

5.  Update posted.  :)


This week made me realize how much I miss writing, even just small, little, inconsequential things.  I have so many things in my head on any given day and I always think I'm going to find some bucket of time somewhere--an extra hidden hour here or there--and I'll be able to write.  Clearly, life and time don't work like that, so I need to just write when I can. 

I mentioned recently that I've just been feeling blue.  I know it'll pass in time, but when it happens, things just look bleak and I feel miserable.  I'm kind of a worrier to begin with, but when I'm feeling down, that worry takes on a life of its own and I find myself anxious about the smallest things, then I get upset.  I know it's silly.  Like today, I started getting all upset because the flash on my camera isn't working and the cost of fixing it is almost the cost of a new camera.  I realize this isn't a big deal, but I got so irrationally upset over it.  And truly, the irrational part is that I ALREADY KNEW THE FLASH WASN'T WORKING.  It's not like it snuck up on me.  It hasn't worked for months!  Today, though, BAM!  Just got all bent out of shape over it.

The good thing is, it's the end of the day.  It's 9:45pm and I'm actually blogging in bed.  The sooner I go to sleep, the sooner I can start a new day and hopefully shake off this cloud hanging over my head.

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Hope you are having a great weekend!

What a great idea to do a weeks posting of five things. I may have to give that a whirl someday.

Blessings~