Wednesday, October 19, 2011

3...

The cool thing about the daily posting of my "five things" is that it typically makes me think of other things to write about.  That's a good thing, especially considering the long dry spells between posts this year!

So...

1.  I cleaned and dusted the top of my dresser last night.  And I found a few dollars worth of change.  Nice!  Tonight, I cleared off the kitchen table.  It's amazing how quickly the mail and school papers piled up.  All done!

2.  Missed Pilates last night...kiddo was having a hard time.  But I woke up at 5am (no alarm!), hung out in bed until 5:30am, then did Pilates this morning.  AND I did a Firm workout tonight.  Nice!

3.  I blew it at lunch.  I did pack a good, healthy lunch, but caved in when hubs asked if I wanted to meet him for lunch and let me pick.  We went for Mexican and it was yummy.  (It's probably good I did two workouts today.)

4.  Technically, I was in bed at 9:59pm last night, but it had been a long, difficult day and the hubs and I talked until about 11pm.  At least I was relaxed and fell asleep right away.

5.  Update posted.  :)

Aside from all that, I've been having a hard time with feeling kind of blue lately and can't seem to shake it.  I have no doubt that part of it is the fact that I've been sleep deprived for so long, but I don't know.  Something else feels a little off.  Not sick, but just something not quite right.  I've been under an unusual amount of stress at work so that's probably part of it, too.  I know it will pass, but it's hard to have a positive outlook when things are not just unpleasant, but flat out dangerous.  That's a story for another time.

I was supposed to finish grading midterms, but I think I'm going to play around on the internet for a while and zone out before bed.  Tomorrow will be a better day.  :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I've talked to a lot of people who have been a little down, myself included. Knowing it will pass is a big help to me.