Friday, June 03, 2011

Hevin Bech

Heaven Beach.
It was the title of a picture that my daughter made.  It was a simple picture, nothing fancy, a man and a little girl walking together with a dog.  I thought it was supposed to be her and her dad, taking the dog for a walk.  She was quick to correct me.

"No mommy.  Heaven Beach is a place where you can take a walk with God and ask Him questions.  You know, questions that you don't know the answers to."

I carefully explained that I thought it was a nice idea, but that I also thought it was okay to ask God questions anytime. 

She nodded and said, "I know.  But when you walk next to God, really walk with Him and pay attention, you'll be able to hear Him answer."

My kiddo often stuns me into silence with her casual but beautiful insights.  I'm pretty silent right now.

No comments: