Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Hello?

Excuse me.

I'm trying to find myself.

Any idea where she is?

She's about this tall...brown hair...brown eyes...a deep wrinkle between the eyebrows...I know she's around here somewhere.

Ever get that feeling? Like you've gone missing, even though you're right there?

Normally, May is a good month for me--birthdays to celebrate, flowers blooming, a break between the spring semester and summer session, nice weather. The last few days, though, I've been in a sour mood. I thought it was because I was sick, but I'm feeling better and still crabby. Thankfully, it's early in the month, so if I'm going to have a few off days, better to have them now and get them out of the way.

On a happier note, I've been working out a design for my kiddo's birthday cake. It's a ladybug theme with sunflower accents.

That sounds funny, doesn't it?

But birthdays are serious business in this house, which means the birthday cake is serious business. I think I'm going to go with two tiers of yellow cake, light green tinted icing and a big ladybug on top, with tiny ladybugs and icing sunflowers on the sides. It should be fun! The party is next weekend, and by now, I usually would've done a trial run with the cake, but I can't seem to get caught up on anything these days, so I'll be winging it the day before.

The way I see it, people usually like cake, so even if doesn't look like I'm hoping it will, at least it will taste good. Yay for cake!

1 comment: