Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Results Are In


First, when I typed "results", I had a fit of giggling, thinking about an e-mail where someone repeatedly typed "resluts" instead of "results"--when referring to a children's dance team. Cracked me up.


Anyway.


I got the results of the MRI of my brain. Here's what a normal brain MRI looks like:




Interesting, huh? You can see all kinds of stuff in there!


So...here's what mine looks like:



Haha! Before anyone gets upset about me making fun of the hubs, please refer to my earlier post where he said that with his luck, the MRI would show a picture of him as the cause of my dizziness/falling. I did pick an un-flattering picture--but it shows him for the goofball he is. Trust me. He is a goofball.


So...actually, the MRI came back normal, which was encouraging. Nothing scary like a tumor or MS. It didn't show any problem with my inner ear, either, which was surprising.


So, now we look at "minor" causes of the problems I'm having and it's pretty much narrowed down to three things. It could be a problem with my blood sugar, stress, exhaustion or any combination of those three. I'm inclined to think it's all three. I've had blood sugar problems for years--not diabetic or hypoglycemic, but other weird issues where it suddenly gets too high or too low. I've been under a lot of stress. And I barely sleep. Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that I've been dizzy and falling over. My fuzzy memory recently could also be directly related to any of this stuff, especially exhaustion, though I was cautioned that because I have severely low "good" cholesterol, that could also play a role in memory problems. See? You learn something new every single day.


To combat this, whatever it is, I'm vowing to get back the pool. I haven't gone in a month and I think I need to be good to myself--swimming is good for me physically and psychologically, so I should do more of it. I'll get my blood sugar tested again, too, just to be safe. And at least for tonight, I'm going to go to bed an hour earlier. Of course, one day of changes isn't enough, so I need to be more diligent.


Which brings me to...Five Things In Five Days!


1. Go to bed an hour earlier than "usual".


2. Go to the pool at least twice a week and take a walk at least 2-3 times a week.


3. Eat every 2 hours like I'm supposed to so I avoid highs and lows in blood sugar.


4. Eat almonds daily to help with my good cholesterol. Take my Omega supplements, too.


5. Not bring any work home with me this weekend.


I'll see how I do!

2 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Glad the results are "normal!"
Have they mentioned anything about your magnesium or B12 complex?
Magnesium vitamins help with memory as does something with dizziness with the B12 or maybe that's reversed. I can't remember, I haven't taken my b12 or mag500mg today so far. :)
Hope it's nothing but with a good answer like: seasonal, hormone related, and anything else that is easy and inexpensive to manage.

:)

Cheryl said...

I'm SO relieved!!!!!!!