Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stress...Tastes Like Chicken

Old, gross chicken. Actually, I've never eaten old, gross chicken, so I guess I don't really know if that's what stress tastes like.

What I do know is that stress leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And that, my friends, is directly related to heartburn. Nothing seems to help it these days. I'm pretty sure the only thing that will eventually help is reducing my stress levels.

I don't know how people live with so much stress. I really don't. I've been working hard to take things in stride and not freak out (too much) about things that are not in my control. It ain't easy. My crusty, rusty armor is finally cracking. I know I'll cope with it and manage as best as I can, because that's what I always do, but...well, "but" what? I don't want to. I don't really feel like coping and managing. It would be pretty neat to just dump my worries and troubles on someone else and let that person fix it.

I've also learned that stress leaves me feeling incredibly tired. Or maybe I'm tired because I'm working 60+ hours a week. I suppose that might have something to do with it!

Hmm. Kind of a downer post. I need to lighten up a bit. This makes me smile...


1 comment:

Margaret said...

e-mail me on the house status when you have time.