Thursday, February 03, 2011

It's Like Being a Kid Again!

Snow days. I remember having them on exceptionally rare occasions as a kid. At work, typically if the weather is severe, day programs will close so the clients don't come in, but staff are still expected to report to work.

I did not have to report to work yesterday. Or today. Not one, but TWO snow days! This is unprecedented, never done before in the history of my agency.

When I got the news last night that we would be closed again today, it was because even though the main roads are mostly clear, the side roads are still terrible and our parking lots are inaccessible. Every time I look out my window at the 6-foot snow drifts, I'm very glad that I didn't have to go out and navigate the roads to work. We didn't even get a plow down our street until dinnertime yesterday. I will say, however, that I don't mind, because ambulance/hospital routes were a priority. I don't know if it's true, but I heard that plows were dispatched with any 911 calls so emergency personnel could get to homes/businesses as needed. If that's true, I think it's awesome.

So, I'm using my snow days to relax, unwind and catch up on some stuff around the house. I also think I might be fighting off some sort of bug, because I've been weridly tired--no, not tired, more like fatigued and exhausted--for the past few days. The extra rest is nice.

That being said, I think I'm going to go lay down on the couch.

No comments: