Friday, January 21, 2011

Uh?

So, I had this great post started in my head, but now that I'm sitting here, I can't think of what I was going to write. It's been one of those days. Um weeks. Months? Months is probably the most accurate.

My dog is having a hissy fit and I'm really annoyed by her whining. If she wouldn't have chewed on my shoe, she wouldn't be banished to the basement right now. Of course, it's like her own little palace down there with her food and water and Ikea rug and toys and blankets. Crazy dog. She's really just whining because she wants my shoe.

Mmm...what else?

It's really cold here. Really, really cold. I like the cold, but this is the kind of cold that HURTS. I walked across the parking lot at work and couldn't feel my face when I got into the building. My kiddo took her gloves off for about two minutes and now has chapped, raw skin on her hands. (FYI: Aquaphor is healing it up really fast.)

I've also learned that I need to NOT eat fast food. It's gross and makes my tummy hurt. I hardly ever eat fast food, today was an exception and I'm sharply reminded why it's a rare exception. I do not feel so well. Ick. I'll be drinking lots of water to make up for the salt intake and swimming some extra laps to burn off the calories.

Speaking of swimming, I went to my swim class last night. I really like the instructor, but she's a tyrant (in a good way!). We ran drills for 45 minutes. My arms and legs are so sore today that if I was in a bad B-horror flick, I would have to just lay down and let Freddy, Jason or whoever get me. I don't think I could get my muscles to work well enough to even try and run away. I need it, though, because I want to try the endurance clinic in the spring and those are two-hour sessions. Why would I do that? Well, mainly just because I want to see if I can do it. The other reason is that the park district does have a swim team...and I'm giving a teeny, tiny bit of consideration to joining. Very teeny, tiny, but we'll see how it goes. That wouldn't be until fall, so I've got lots of time to try and get ready. I'm not a fast swimmer, but I'm getting better.

Anything else? Not really. I think that since it's so quiet around here for a change, I might crawl into bed early and read a book. That sounds like a good plan.

1 comment:

Biddie said...

Ugh with the cold! The dogs don't even want to play in the snow it is so cold. I HATE IT.
How many days till spring????22