Monday, January 10, 2011

Mundane Monday

Not too much going on around here today...pretty quiet. My kiddo was sick earlier, so I left work around lunchtime so I could be home with her. The hubs is teaching an afternoon class and today was the first day--not a good idea to cancel class. It worked out, though. I had a nice afternoon, just hanging out with my girl. I don't think the chocolate chip cookies I made will do much for her upset stomach, but she only ate one. We'll see what happens. Her energy level seems to be up a little bit, so hopefully she's on the up swing and can go back to school tomorrow. I really felt bad about it today. She woke up around 4am complaining of a tummy ache. She was up for a little while, but went back to sleep. This morning, she was a little pale and tired, but I got her up for school. The hubs asked if he should keep her home and I was like, "Nah. She can go. Besides, she can't keep missing school, blah, blah, blah."

Suffice to say, they didn't make it out of the driveway this morning. That was a little "mommy oops" on my part. Ah well.

Tonight, I have to catch up on a few things for work since I missed the afternoon, then have to get things together for the class I'm teaching this semester. This is the first time in a LONG time that I'm only teaching one class. I'd been teaching 2-4 nights per week and I decided it was just getting to be too much. This will be a nice change.

As an added bonus, since I'm not teaching so much, it means I have more free nights and I'm taking a swim class on Thursday nights starting this week. I'm looking forward to getting into the pool again. I haven't gone in at least two weeks and I'm feeling it--especially around the waistline. Eeek! All those holiday calories (you know, the ones that I try to pretend are imaginary) have done some damage. The good thing is that I dropped a pants size a few months ago and gave away my too-big clothes. I have no option but to keep myself in check, because I don't have anything bigger to fit and I sure as heck can't afford new clothes!

That's it. Looking forward to a quiet evening now.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm really glad that you had a day at home with your daughter, despite her sickness. I'm sure it was good to hang out. I'm also happy to hear that you're taking some time for yourself with your swimming. It's about time!

Margaret said...

I hope my birthday buddy is feeling better today!