Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Message From...?

I think the universe is trying to send me a message. For the past 8+ months, I hear the same two songs every single day, without fail, often back-to-back. They're not current, popular songs, so it's not only weird that I'm hearing them so frequently, but also hearing them so frequently together or very close together. I mentioned it to one of my friends the other day and she asked me how on earth I managed to pay attention enough to realize that I've heard them both daily for so long.

Well, I heard them back-to-back on the radio back in early May after a really good day, and as I was driving home, I remember thinking that I really like both songs and it was a nice way to end the evening. And then I thought it was funny when the next day on my way to work, it happened again. That evening on my way home, I heard one of them, and then the next morning on my way to work, I heard the other one. And during the day, I heard both of them again. I thought it was funny and a little weird, so I switched radio stations in my office--to a country station--only to hear a country re-make of one of them. That stopped being funny and was just plain weird.

And every day since, I hear them.

First song? "Collide" by Howie Day.


Second song? "Come On, Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson


So, what is the universe trying to tell me?

1 comment:

Biddie said...

My computer won't let me watch the videos, and I am not familiar with the songs, BUT, the universe (or something/somone) are telling you something. Imo.