Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Stay-cation

I'm off work for the next few days. Not going anywhere, just hanging out at home. Tonight, I've been busy making peanut-butter-truffle filling. The house smells yummy. Tomorrow, I'll get up and head to the pool for a short swim, then get home to take care of some cleaning; hopefully the kiddo will be feeling better and will be able to help with baking some cookies.

And...I have to finish Christmas shopping. I haven't been feeling great lately and I'm not motivated to battle the crowds. Most of the shopping is done, only a few more gifts to get, but I just don't feel like going. I'd much rather lay around and read one of the books I've got from the library. Maybe have a glass of wine, too.

I have some medical appointments coming up this week, lots of labs to have done, but by Friday, it'll all be out of the way and I can get down to the real business of Christmas...and that involves making baked potato soup and a red velvet cheesecake!

I was thinking earlier that we were supposed to be going to Disney World this year for Christmas--turns out that we can't quite swing that on one income! Maybe next year? I guess we'll see. For now, I have to go check on my peanut-butter-truffle filling. And try not to eat any yet!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I just read the post before this one. I'm thinking and praying hard. Just an infection is what I want too. For you.