Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010

I'm a little stunned that today is the last day of 2010. I feel ready for 2011, but the past few months went by very fast for me and I'm trying to figure out if there's any dusting I need to do behind me before closing the door on this year. I suppose even if there is some cleaning up to do, it doesn't really matter after I shut the door on the year. Well, theoretically, anyway.

I've been wrapping my head around the number of things that have gone on in the last several months. Lots of ups and downs. I'm riding the waves pretty well, if I do say so myself, but the constant roller coaster is making me a little motion sick.

There's nothing new on the cancer front. Strangely enough, I have mixed feelings about it. I mean, it's not like I want the cancer to come back--gosh NO! I just know that I don't feel right, even now after finishing the antibiotics for the infection I had. The tests aren't showing anything new, nothing better, nothing worse. I just have a nagging, low-level feeling that something isn't right. I'm sure I'll feel better after my next procedure--the doc will either find something then, or he won't and maybe I can brush off this anxiety and convince myself that it's all in my head.

I'm wishing I had some plans for New Year's. I asked my husband last week if we could do something either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. His version of "something" and my version of "something" are two very different things...he's inviting his friends over to play cards tomorrow and I'm cooking for them. Not quite what I had in mind to celebrate! But on the up side, I'm making a devil's food cheesecake with whipped cream frosting. Yay for dessert! I'm also making soup, chili and enchiladas. I do enjoy puttering around the kitchen, so something good is coming out of it. I guess once the guys start playing cards, I'll retreat and watch a movie. Good time for a chick flick!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I like the new look to your blog. Nice!

As always...wishing for no cancer for you. Cancer sucks.

You had a few days off, yes? I'm glad. You're always too busy!