Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

I'm sitting here at the end of the day, quietly contemplating all that I'm grateful for this year.

  1. (23) My health. The cancer has stayed away and this past July marked one year of being cancer free. That by itself leaves me feeling overwhelmingly thankful.
  2. (24) Self-discipline. There are a lot of things that I don't feel like doing, but I do them anyway. If I skipped even five things a week that I didn't feel like doing, life as I know it would fall apart pretty quickly.
  3. (25) My job and health insurance. 'Nuf said.
  4. (26) Our military men and women who are busy at home and around the world to keep safe. And our local community service providers--firefighters, paramedics, police, etc.--who do so much for us.
  5. (27) God. Even when I'm mad at Him.
  6. (28) Family. I just wouldn't be at this same level of crazy if not for my crazy sisters.
  7. (29) Friends. One good friend in particular who gets me in a way that no other friends have since I was a kid.
  8. (30) Aflac. People say supplemental and disease-specific insurance is silly, but I was diagnosed with cancer at 31, so I say it's a good thing. And with what I've received from them after filing my cancer claims, my policy has paid for itself more than ten times over.
  9. (31) My amazing daughter who I love with my whole heart.
  10. (32) And my husband, who I still love, even when I feel like punching him. Like right now.

Many wishes for a safe, peaceful and blessed Thanksgiving to everyone.

No comments: