Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

My plan for today was to buy a 2-carat diamond bracelet from Macy's. Do I have any need whatsoever for a 2-carat diamond bracelet? No, of course not. I was going to buy it because it was on super-sale for Black Friday for $99. And there's a small part of me that wanted to know what it was like to have 2-carats of anything on my person. And other than work clothes, I have not spent any money on myself since getting promoted. In all honesty, I just wanted to splurge. I actually went online last night and added one to my shopping cart. Second thoughts crept in, though, and I didn't actually buy it.

Today, after doing 3 loads of laundry, cleaning all the bathrooms and mopping the floors, vacuuming the stairs, cleaning the kiddo's bedroom and changing sheets, I thought, "What the hell?" And I went online to finish my purchase.

The bracelets were sold out.

It wasn't meant to be, I guess, but I was still pretty bummed.

In reality, $99 buys more than a week's worth of groceries and I do have to go grocery shopping tomorrow or Sunday. I'll feel pretty good about that. But I know I would have felt even better if I was grocery shopping with 2-carats of diamonds on my wrist.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Unbuyer's Remorse! I suffer from it often myself, but I'm trying to break that habit. There have been too many times when I've waited and then gone back for what I wanted and it wasn't available:(

P.S. Love the new design.