Sunday, September 26, 2010

These Days

In spite of some hardships and regular complications, I have a simple little life. And that's okay. I would like it, however, if things stayed mostly simple and less complicated. This weekend, like most weekends, went by far too quickly and I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that it's already Sunday night. I punked out on most of the household chores, but still had plenty to keep me busy. Lots of errands, swimming lessons for the kiddo, cooking a big dinner and making chocolate chip cookies, an emergency trip to the vet with a little surgery for the doggy's paw...little things that quickly add up, and then POOF! It's Sunday night.

As of right now, I technically have three jobs. (Gulp.) I've been with my company just about ten years. I've moved up through the ranks since my days as an intern, and this past Monday, I started a new position--thanks to a promotion--as a Director in our mental health program. Very exciting. But my previous position hasn't been filled yet, so I'm doing that job, too. I'm director of the outpatient, psychosocial rehab, 24-hour group homes and veterans programs...plus doing all my previous duties, i.e. managing all the clinical treatment for every client in the program and doing quality assurance stuff. AND I'm teaching on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

I'm looking forward to December. I plan on taking a week off to sleep.

I guess my point is that just like most folks, these days are busy. I miss blogging and I miss catching up on everyone else's blogs, too. Unfortunately, by the end of the day, I'm just tired and I see so much other stuff that needs to get done. I need to tell the dirty dishes and laundry to quit their hanky-panky and stop reproducing when I'm not looking. How is it that there's always dirty stuff, even if I've already taken care of all of it? Eeek.

Anyway, that's it for now. I have to get my notes ready for class this week and I need to dust in the living room and dining room. More nonsense later.

No comments: