Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why and Why Not

After the past few days, I was getting a little down. Started asking myself, "Why me? Why now?"

And then it came to me. Why not me? And why not now?

So what if my husband's been out of work for 14 months? So what if unemployment benefits have been cut by half and COBRA is more than doubling? So what if no health insurance company will insure my daughter, which leaves us in a bind with the COBRA costs? So what if I have a lump the size of a golf ball in my knee (that's new, just found out today...) and we have no idea what it is? So what if I had to go to work and be looking for a potential dead body at 9:30am?

God hand picked me for this, right? He's gotta have some kind of plan in mind for me. I don't know what it is, and I don't know if I'll understand why, but I suppose all I can do is be thankful in my circumstances and wait for the next events to unfold.

I heard two great quotes...don't know who came up with them, but I've been keeping them in mind...

1. When you reach your wit's end, you'll find that's where God lives.

2. When you're down to nothing, God is up to something.

Looks like I'll be knocking on God's front door soon (not literally, my health is good and I'm not planning on going out in a blaze of glory anytime soon) and finding out what He's got in store for me next!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Another good one that I always rely on is, "There's a lot to think about, but nothing to worry about."