Sunday, August 01, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I made a yummy dinner tonight and it got me thinking about the rest of the week. We've been doing more penny-pinching lately and it's affecting the grocery budget. Other than shopping for necessities/fresh produce, there will be no grocery shopping until the end of the month. That being said, I've been scouring the fridge, freezer and pantry for meal ideas. We're going to be eating a lot of chicken this month. Even so, I've got this week's menu planned.

Monday~ Mini meatloaves and squash

Tuesday~ Chicken, mac and cheese, green beans

Wednesday~ Pork roast, rice, baked apples

Thursday~ Quesadillas (veggie and chicken)

Friday~ Pizza night


I'm also going to be using the next few weeks to figure out family-friendly, budget-friendly meals that will produce a fair amount of leftovers so that I'm able to pack my kiddo's lunches. I usually cook just what we need because I don't like having food go to waste, but since I'm going to be packing her lunch daily, leftovers will be important. Sandwiches are okay sometimes, but I like the idea of her getting nutritious, yummy food which will require some creativity on my part. I'm up for the challenge!

No comments: