Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hello?

It looks like I need to dust off this blog. It's been kinda desolate around here.

*crickets chirping*

I've been a terrible blogger...so many posts started, none of them finished, and even worse, no real motivation to even attempt finishing them. My lack of blogging has a lot to do with the fact that there hasn't been too much going on. Just hanging in there for the most part.

My baby girl started kindergarten last Friday. Her first day started with her dad cutting a tag out of the back of her shirt, resulting in two holes, and then hitting her in the head with the scissors. It was a rough morning, but she was able to relax and enjoyed the ride to school holding an ice pack on her head.


Overall, she's been enjoying kindergarten, other than the part of having to eat lunch in the cafeteria. She's a slow eater and having a lot of trouble adjusting to having only 30 minutes to eat. She had major meltdowns the last two nights at bedtime because she doesn't want to eat lunch at school. She loves the rest of it, just not the eating part. Tonight was better and she's sound asleep now. It's been a hard adjustment for me, too. I went back to work today after a few days off, and I just kept thinking about her, how her day was going and whether she was doing okay. I also kept daydreaming about the things I'd be doing if I was able to be a stay-at-home mom. Honestly, it brought a smile to my face to think about catching up on laundry, cleaning, planning dinner, etc. I like that domestic side of myself and would love it if I had more opportunity to let that side thrive.

So, if anyone would like to provide me with the financial backing to be a stay-at-home mom, I'd be all over it. Really. And I'd make cookies for you, too.


No comments: