Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Last First Kiss

My husband and I have been together for over ten years, married almost nine years. That being said, that means that my last "first kiss" was more than ten years ago. I won't forget it...we were walking down a quiet street, one of those walks where you're close together but not quite touching because both of you are too hesitant to reach out and touch the other's hand. I don't remember why we stopped walking, but we had paused and were standing in front of a fence--and then a car full of kids passed by and of the boys yelled out, "Kiss her!" So, he did.

I wonder, if I had known that it would be my last first kiss, if there's anything I would have done differently...turned my head? Not giggled? Made it a shorter or longer kiss?

I wonder if other people think about that...if they had known they were having their last first kiss, would they have done anything differently? Or maybe not. Maybe that last first kiss is perfect in its own way because it's with the person you're supposed to be with for the long haul.

Hmm. I think maybe my inner romantic is trying to peek out!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Only one first kiss for me. And I wouldn't change a thing.

Cheryl said...

My first kiss with my boyfriend was 'yucky'. The next week it was wonderful. I'll truly remember that first one.