Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Long Day

Most days, I like my life, like my job, like most things in general.

Today is not one of those days.

I don't know why I get myself so worked up before my appointments with Hottie Doc. I'm so anxious about tomorrow and I think it's because I'm conditioned to expect bad news and that's part of it. The other part is that he's always telling me, "Relax." And my response is, "Says the person in the room who's wearing pants." He laughs. I raise my eyebrows at him because I'm being serious. Going to the doctor is bad enough. Going to a good looking doctor who I have to pay to look at me naked and poke around my insides is even worse. Especially when that doctor is poking around to see if new cancer has popped up.

That's funny. "New" cancer; as opposed to "old" cancer. I wonder if there is "new" cancer, if it'll be new and improved, sort of like Pepsi or Coke or whatever it was. Or if "new" cancer comes with a new fresh scent, a new low price, better taste, fewer calories or no trans fats.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I can't imagine going to a Hottie Doc who sees you naked. You're pretty funny and I'm sure he loves that. I hope your appointment went well and there's no new cancer. No cancer at all.