Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When It Rains...

Well, I'm pretty well out of my emotional funk. This is due to a terribly sick four-year-old who is requiring some serious cuddle time and a lot of loving. It was a long day at work, but rather than rush and take care of household chores or grading papers, I spent the evening snuggling on the couch with the munchkin, then laying in bed with her rubbing her back while she tried to sleep. Her little body is just being wracked with coughs, she's running a fever, and the antibiotics are doing bad things to her tummy. Poor kiddo is miserable, but it really made me slow down, and for that small part of it, I'm grateful. I would, however, trade places with her in a second if it meant she'd feel better.

I just glanced at the clock and realized that it is now late enough that I can't finish any work, even if I were to start it now. So, I'm leaving it all alone tonight and will be going to bed early instead. Maybe I'll get some good sleep and finally shake off the time-change-blues!

No comments: