Sunday, March 07, 2010

I'm a Bad Blogger

Yeesh...I haven't posted anything in quite a while. I'm still alive and kickin', but just slow on posting stuff. I suppose it's a good sign--there hasn't been much of anything going on and I'm sorely lacking in inspiration to post something worthwhile. The university was on break last week and I didn't have to go rushing off to teach. It was nice to have a few nights at home. Periodically I wonder what my life would be like if I only had to work one job. I think I'd like it. Especially if one job paid what I'm making at both. It would be nice to have a little less stress but still be able to make ends meet.

Hmmm...what else? We got our taxes done. That's always a painful experience. It's sort of disheartening to see what the feds and state get from us, and then add up what we pay out of pocket for medical and health expenses and it's no wonder money's always so tight. We are getting a refund, so I'm not complaining. Every penny counts, but even more so with the hubby still not working. Things are hard all over, I know.

That's really about it. I don't even have a menu for this week. I think the next two days will be leftovers, then maybe pork chops on Wednesday and chicken on Thursday. Friday will be some sort of meatless dish, but I don't know what yet.

I think I'm in a little bit of a funk and that's okay. Keeps me looking forward to feeling up and happy again!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

We're having egg sandwiches on Friday--basically an omelette on rye bread.