Sunday, January 17, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (or in other words, "We have groceries! Woo hoo!"

I went grocery shopping today. This is a major event in our house, especially with an unemployed spouse. I found some fantastic sales, but still went a little over budget. I didn't use coupons this week--what we needed was on sale, but I didn't have any coupons. Bummer. Anyway, this is what I tentatively have planned for this week...

Monday~ Cheesy potatoes and chops (I'm making this in the crock pot and can't wait to see how it turns out!); maybe broccoli?

Tuesday~ Bean and veggie quesadillas

Wednesday~ Oven "fried" chicken, french-mix veggies, and...? I've been on a fried apple kick lately, so maybe I'll make some stuffing and fried apples, too. I'll need some extra time on the treadmill...

Thursday~ Some type of tuna dish. I'm allergic, but the hubby and kiddo are crazy about seafood. I have to teach, so it's a good night for them to have it.

Friday~ Pizza night. In an effort to save a little each week, we're designating Friday nights as "frozen pizza night." It's a fun treat, and at less than $6 for the whole meal, including salad, it's budget-friendly, filling and crowd-pleasing. To make our dollars stretch even further, we buy a so-so, plain cheese pizza and add our own toppings. Very economical and yummy, too!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I can't find my latest coupons! I love coupons. My daughter is sick of hearing me say, I'll buy 'that' when it's on sale or I have a coupon. That's just the way it goes. I've been waiting for flat iron steaks to go on sale and they are and I'm stocking up. $3.99/lb and so delicious!