Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy (almost) New Year!

It'll be 2010 soon...well, for some folks in the world, it already is, but for this chicky-doo here in the Midwest, there's just under 5 hours to go. No big celebration tonight, unless you count me slamming the book on 2009, stomping on the cover, throwing it across the room and then lighting it on fire before dumping the ashes in the snow. Good-bye 2009. The year wasn't all bad, of course, but I'm ready to be done with it!

I'm looking forward to an awesome 2010. I have birthday number 32 coming up in a few weeks, I see Hottie Doc on January 20th (and looking forward to another "all clear" report), I'm teaching two classes this semester and giving serious consideration to applying for a full-time teaching job at another school so I can take a break from working in mental health. I'll also be gearing up for my kiddo's 5th birthday in the spring and figuring out how to psychologically prepare myself for her first day in kindergarten. It's many months away, but we all know how fast time goes...it'll be here before we know it.

I spent the afternoon organizing my kitchen cabinets. What a peaceful feeling. Lame? Maybe, but it was therapeutic for me. I told my honey that for the next few weeks, he can legitimately use the excuse, "I don't know where [X] goes," when I ask him why he didn't put away the dishes. I moved several things from their home cabinets and thrust them into a new continent, clear on the other side of the kitchen. I like messing with stuff every now and then. And of course, I have the ultimate sense of control, because I'm the only one who knows where stuff is. Bwah ha ha ha ha! Of course, the laughing will be over in the morning as I stand, staring at the beautiful arrangements and think, "Now where on earth did I put that Tupperware bowl?" Good times, I tell ya.

Tonight will be low key. We ordered pizza for dinner, so there's no big clean up. The hubby and kiddo are snuggling (ahem, hubby is snoring) on the couch, watching Charlie Brown. Once it's over, the kiddo will go to bed. I'm going to hang out and watch a movie. I think I'll enjoy a glass of wine, too. I'll be nice and relaxed, and when I wake up tomorrow, I'll be ready to take on a whole new year.

Wishing peace, health and prosperity for all of us...

No comments: