Monday, November 16, 2009

Life is Better with Chili

Yay for chili! I made some yesterday--sort of non-traditional chili--my own concoction/recipe. I baked some chicken breasts, then shredded 'em and tossed 'em in a crock pot with some pinto beans, black beans and great northern beans, added some chicken broth, diced up some sweet peppers and then dumped in a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies. Cranked it up on high for 3 hours and voila!

I should add that I'm the only one in the house eating it. But that's okay...more for me! And it was especially yummy today. I like leftover chili, maybe even more than I like same-day made chili. Good comfort food.

And why do I need comfort food? Because life has been kinda stinky the past few months. I'm not really complaining. I have a lot to be very thankful for and I'm not overlooking that. It's just that the holiday season is here, money is still pretty tight, and I'm having another surgery next Tuesday. My OB/GYN is taking over for this surgery...there's a tumor-ish thing in/on/near a lymph node, but closer to the reproductive region than my bladder, so she'll be temporarily taking over. It's back to Hottie Doc in January for my next follow up.

I am so glad I have good coverage through my health insurance. And I guess by sheer luck, the timing is working out really well. With Thanksgiving being next week, I was already going to be off work for a few days, so I don't have to use as much benefit time as I would need to otherwise. My other surgery was around the 4th of July holiday and I lucked out that time, too.

Well, I guess that's enough random info for now. I've got a kiddo who I've barely seen in the past week because I've been working so many hours. More nonsense later...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Just like you to find something to be thankful for when you're facing another surgery. You have the right attitude and I know your sense of humor. So, no Thanksgiving for you or will you be able to be taken care of and have it elsewhere?

Hugs, friend.