Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wanted: More Weekend, Less Weekday

What a hectic week...whew! I'm glad it's Saturday, but the day is nearly over and I still have so much to do. Booooo.

Went to the doctor on Tuesday for my procedure and was relieved that the doctor didn't find any new tumors. Yay! My chance of recurrence dropped from 80% to 50%, which to me, is a big deal.

Work was a bit of a nightmare, especially toward the end of the week, but I hesitate to complain...it's a job, right? I am taking a few days off next week in anticipation of Halloween. I've almost finished a plan for a Halloween cake and I'm going to need a day to decorate it. Heck, even if that wasn't the case, I'd take the time off anyway, just to be able to mellow out and breathe.

I'm just relaxing tonight. Spent the afternoon celebrating my grandma's 80th birthday; kiddo will be heading to bed in about 45 minutes, and then I'm on my own. The hubs is playing in a poker tournament tonight--for someone who can't concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes at a time, I'm really impressed with his poker-playing abilities. He's in first place in the local tournament and tonight, he's trying his hand at something called a super-satellite tournament (? I think that's what it's called) where he has a chance to earn a seat in another tournament, and that winner goes to the World Series of Poker. I think that's pretty neat. If nothing else, it gets him out of the house for a while and lets me have some peace and quiet. Yay!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Great news from the doctor. I hope the aliens continue to stay away.

Too bad about your cake. I was hoping to see a new one on your sidebar.

Stay well. You and your little one. Husband too, of course :)