Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My So-Called Life

I giggle when I'm nervous. At this exact moment, I feel a surge of shrill, maniacal laughter bubbling up in the back of my throat. Have you ever had a day...or maybe a whole week...where it's just one thing after another that's going wrong?

And then after a particularly bad event, you have the foolhardy thought of something along the lines of, "Well, what else can go wrong?"

And then holy buckets, something else does go wrong?? It's too much to get into here, and I know in the long run everything will turn out fine and I'll be able to look back on this and see it as just one more thing that I got through, but sheesh.

I think it was Popeye who said, "I tooks alls I can takes and I can't takes no more!" I'm almost at that point. Almost. I'm going to go drown my nervous giggles in my dinner. I'm making spinach tonight...HA!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow. Popeye reference for the win.

Jim Latchford said...

And still again...you make me smile.