Monday, July 06, 2009

Cranky, Party of 3, Your Table is Ready...

I am ready to pull my hair out.

No, I'm really not joking.

I would, however, be happy to pull out someone else's hair in order to save myself the headache from pulling out my own. Any volunteers? Kidding, of course.

My husband has been unemployed for 6 days and I don't know what to do for him. I'm trying to be supportive and listen and be available, etc., but I feel like I'm not doing a very good job. I know he's gloomy and the job market is tight, but I can't change that part of it. My kiddo is cranky and has been sick since Friday night (MAJOR stomach upset), and my husband is irritated that I keep asking him not to give her any milk or cheese. He gave her mac and cheese for lunch today and it zipped right through her. Now he's cranky because I'm cranky, and I'm cranky because I've been cleaning up after her and she's cranky because she doesn't feel well and her stomach keeps cramping. My poor babies.

Have I mentioned how glad I am that I have a job to go back to tomorrow?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great title. Everyone thinks you can fix it. It's your job. One of many. I hope your daughter feels better soon. Hope your husband learned a lesson.

Did you get your results?

Martha said...

No results yet. I have a post-op visit on Thursday, but there's no guarantee the pathologist will have faxed the report--or even if the pathologist has looked at the stinkin' tumor! The surgeon told my husband that it could take 1-3 weeks for results. And I'm thinking, "Really? Up to three weeks to glance at a tumor under a microscope, poke it with a stick and decide whether it's something to be worried about?"