Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Few Random Thoughts

Every now and then, it's nice to be the "fun" mommy and let the kiddo have ice-cream before dinner. Especially when the dinner consists of sandwiches, chips and pickles.

I've also decided to (gulp) grow my hair out again and donate it either to Locks of Love or Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I did it last year and got a tremendous sense of satisfaction out of that simple act. It's more meaningful this time around since my diagnosis--I'm so grateful that surgery should be sufficient for me and that I don't have to undergo chemo or radiation...but it makes me think long and hard about the people who do, so the least I can do is donate my hair to someone who needs it.

I think there was a microburst or something about an hour ago here...I don't think the word "windy" is anywhere close to accurate. All I know is that I was giving my kiddo a bath and faster than anything I've witnessed before, there was a roar, the whole house shook and the screens were literally ripped out of the windows. The patio door also came off its track. Good thing I'm pretty handy--I found all the screens (on the garage roof and down the street) and popped them all back in. Also fixed the window frame that was partially torn off. Whew!

One more day of work, then the weekend. So glad about that.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Let the hair growth begin! I know a few baldies right now and donating it is such a gift.

I would have been scared to death of that wind! Wow! You'd find me cowering in the basement!