Friday, June 12, 2009

Martha...Unplugged

Or un-glued. Or un-hinged.

Or just good old fashioned falling apart.

I'm usually pretty level-headed, but it seems as though there's a force working against me lately, and I'm getting a bit...well, never mind.

So. The surgery for the "tooo-muh" is scheduled for July 1st. It's been an interesting ride so far. This went from being a simple procedure that could take place in the office, to a procedure done in the office with a local anesthetic...to an outpatient surgery at the hospital with a local anesthetic...to a regular surgery with general anesthesia.

If I felt more comfortable with profanity, I can guarantee I would be swearing enough to set some kind of record. Then I laugh to myself, because there's really no point in getting worked up over it. It is what it is.

Speaking of what is, there is an up side to all of this. Surgery is July 1st, so I'm taking off the 1st and 2nd, but then my office is closed that Friday and the following Monday for the 4th of July holiday, so that will save some of my benefit time. I'm also thinking that this bit of post-surgery-forced-relaxation could be good for me. I have no choice but to lay around and do nothing. No household chores, no running around. I can sit around and doze in the sun, read books, watch television and be a big couch potato.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I bought my husband a folding poker-table for Father's Day. I got pulled over on the way home, and I thought for sure I was going to get a ticket because of the way it was jammed into my car and obstructing my view through the back window, but the officer said he just wanted to see for himself that yes indeed, there was a woman driving through town with a 10-seater poker table. He said that my husband is one lucky dude. I agree.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Why so long a wait for surgery? They'd have you there in a minute if they thought it was urgent, so that to me is a good sign. Still, I'd go crazy waiting. Also, you didn't mention any other tests, so that's good too. Think good thoughts. You're very funny, btw. Will HD be the surgeon?

A ten-seater poker table? You ARE a good wife!

Martha said...

The long wait is because of the hospital's schedule. Since the tumor is so small and slow-growing, they don't consider an "urgent" procedure. Of course, I don't care how slow-growing it is, I want it OUT! I had a bunch of tests prior to all of this, and there were a few odd things, which was why he did the scope procedure in the first place. At least I don't have to have anything else done before July 1st. HD is the surgeon, which makes me giggle like a little girl.