Thursday, May 07, 2009

Yay for Spring

I'm really enjoying the warmer temperatures and all the flowers and trees coming to life. It smells very...green...outside. I don't know how else to describe it. The upcoming week is going to be busy. Thankfully, tomorrow is Friday! Ooohhh...Mother's Day is this weekend. No plans (yet), but I'll probably ask for the same thing I've been asking for every year since becoming a mom--a few hours to work in the garden on Saturday afternoon, go to church and out to breakfast on Sunday, followed by a trip to the zoo or museum. In the past four years, the only thing I've actually gotten off that list was a few hours to work on the garden. And that time, I ended up in the emergency room with a bamboo splinter the size of Texas in my upper ear. Maybe I'll skip the gardening request this year.

Next weekend is my kiddo's birthday party. She picked a Wizard of Oz theme, which I'm excited about. We've got everything we need, including themed plates, napkins and decorations. And I'm trying my hand at a tiered birthday cake--with a yellow brick road pattern! This is new territory for me as far as cake decorating goes, but if it turns out even halfway decent, I'll have to post some pictures. I'll be practicing the decorating between now and next weekend.

Other than that, things are quiet here, which is always good. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I can't wait to see this cake!

Cheryl said...

We're in for a perfect Sunday and Monday here. A respite from the rain. It does smell green!

Have a great party. Hope the cake turns out perfect.