Sunday, May 17, 2009

We're Not in Kansas Anymore...

It was a busy week with a flurry of birthday activities, and of course, my craziest attempt (so far) at a cake. My kiddo was absolutely tickled that she was able to help with decorating it. As you can see, we kept with The Wizard Oz theme, complete with yellow-iced cakes, a slightly crooked yellow brick road pattern (courtesy of my sweetheart's attempt at maneuvering a decorating bag), some poppies and a pair of "ruby slippers." If I don't end up on Cake Wrecks, I think I'm in pretty good shape. (If you haven't visited Cake Wrecks, I highly recommend it. There are lovely cakes that are sometimes featured, but mostly, it's pictures of hysterically wrong and disturbing cakes.)


3 comments:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

what a beautiful cake!! This is stunning! Happy birthday little one!!

Cheryl said...

Your cake is beautiful. You did a fantastic job.

Biddie said...

You made that cake?? It's incredible. I wish that I had that kind of talent!