Sunday, May 31, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Wow, I have really neglected my weekly menu planning! I had been making kinda-sorta-loosely-put-together meal plans in my head each week, but for whatever reason, if I post it on my blog, I feel more accountable and end up following it. Plus, summer school starts this week and I'll be teaching two nights a week, so it's even more important to make sure that meals are well-thought out so the hubby can handle it (tee hee!). It's only Sunday, but I thought I'd get a jump on it now...

Today (Sunday), we're having a very simple, summery meal. My kiddo and I were flipping through a food magazine and she was quite thrilled with the picture of hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls, which she's never had before. So, tonight, I'm making weenie wraps! It may not be the healthiest meal, but I'll add some broccoli on the side and make some peach-mango smoothies to go with it.

Monday~ Oven "fried" chicken, roasted red potatoes, and...? Not sure yet.

Tuesday~ Easy dad dinner--mac n cheese and green beans, maybe some pears, too

Wednesday~ Pork tenderloin roast with mushrooms and spicy mixed veggies

Thursday~ Easy dad dinner--tuna and veggie wraps

Friday~ Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, garlic bread

Next weekend is up in the air. I'll probably make chicken quesadillas one night and ribs the other night. Yay for summer food and cooking!

No comments: