Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lovin' the Weekend

I'm SOOOO glad it's Saturday! It's kind of rainy today, but the temperatures are warmer, the flowers are blooming (and so are the dandelions--note to self to buy some Scott's for the lawn). The only real down side is that the sudden temperature change and massive blooming of flowers, trees, etc., is that my poor kiddo is wheezing like crazy. It's too warm to keep the windows closed, but not nearly warm enough to put on the air conditioning. She just finished a breathing treatment and sounds a little better, so we'll see what happens the rest of the day. We have a visit scheduled with the pediatrician in a few weeks for him to re-assess her. I think he's going to keep her on daily meds, which is okay.

The semester is wrapping up unbelievably fast; I have some grading I need to finish today, and then I'll have a final round of papers to take care of next weekend, but then I have three weeks of no teaching (yay for free time) before summer school starts; then I'll have another three weeks between the end of the summer session and the beginning of the fall semester. I wish I didn't have to work at all during those weeks, but I still have a pesky full-time job to worry about--which I am incredibly thankful for!! I know too many people who've lost their jobs in recent months, and even though I recently took a pay cut, I'm so happy to have my job and insurance benefits.

Hmmmm. I'm thinking about what else I can write about. There's not too much going on, which is kind of nice. I've got to get my kiddo's birthday party invitations done today. Need to run to the store for a few things. Do laundry. All the usual stuff I guess. Maybe I'll have something more interesting to write about tomorrow after I finish the 5K for the March of Dimes!

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Walking, Martha!

I'm praying for decent weather for you all.

M1