Friday, March 20, 2009

A Personal Message

For those of you who read my blog, you may be curious about the March for Babies banner in the sidebar. Following is an e-mail I sent out to my family and friends today concerning something I feel very strongly about...

Dear Family and Friends:

I'm excited to announce that I will be participating in a 5K for the March of Dimes/March for Babies. As some of you know, my friend Kim and her husband Mark were eagerly anticipating the arrival of their little girl, Alyssa Shannon, this past summer. Tragically, due to a devastating circumstance, Alyssa did not survive and she is desperately missed by all who were so looking forward to meeting her. In support of all families who have suffered the loss of a child, and all families who have been touched by children who were born fighting just to survive, I will be walking/running with team Alyssa Shannon on Sunday, April 26th at Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village. Your prayers and support are appreciated!

You can visit my personal webpage at http://www.marchforbabies.org/martha_j to read more about the event and/or support me in my fundraising goal. If you'd like to find out more about the March for Babies and why I'm participating, please click HERE for a short video.

"I'm hitting the street for little feet!"

Martha J.

"The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not protect you."

7 comments:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Good for you!!!! :)
I'm glad you're doing this!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.