Friday, February 27, 2009

Now You See Me, Now You Don't

I can't believe I let so many days go in between posting! My week wasn't any busier than usual--just the same old stuff--so I guess I don't have a good reason for not blogging. I've been reading everyone's blogs, but I haven't been commenting much. Hmmmmm. I need to get back into the swing of things!

For any fellow Catholics out there, you know that Lent is upon us. I totally flaked out this year. Missed out on the Ash Wednesday services AND ate meat. It looks like I'll have to abstain from meat on a different day to atone for that. I also didn't come up with anything to give up for Lent. I try to be good every year and give up one thing, but also resolve to DO something during the Lenten season. Again, I just flaked out on it.

I met with one of my co-workers today (a fellow therapist) for some chit-chat time between appointments, and she told me that she thinks I have a really, really bad case of compassion fatigue--aka burnout. I agree with her. I suspect it's time for me to take a little time off. REAL time off. Not one of those vacations where I spend the entire time cleaning the house and whatnot. I e-mailed my sister recently to see about visiting her for a few days in the spring. She lives in D.C. and I had a blast when I went last year. We'll see about setting up a time for that. Things will be nutty for me until the end of April when the semester finishes, but that's not too far off.

Anyhoo...it's late and I'm tired. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm going through a kind of funk too. I'm hoping that changes with the seasons. The other part is family life, but I just have to keep slogging through that with hope.

Good weekend back at you!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I'm sorry you're in a funk, but I have to say I like the sound of that, compassion fatigue..it makes sense and I would beat that there are many other midwesterner's experiencing the same thing..you're not alone.

If you can get away that would be great--time away always rejuvenates everything!

Lent==ah yes..I said I'd give up sbux.
guess what I caved with yesterday? AWFUL!

May today make you smile seeing the sun outside and this week should begin to show some nicer weather!!


Elizabeth