Sunday, February 15, 2009

No title for my post today. I'm planning a quiet day here at home. Spent Valentine's Day just hanging out, doing the usual weekend stuff. The evening was nice--I curled up on the couch and watched "Chocolat" and drank orange juice. I really enjoyed the movie. I hadn't seen it before and the story line appealed to the side of me that believes in magic and romance.

I'm hoping to make it to church today. I still haven't been feeling great and ended up having to re-start the antibiotics which is resulting in an unhappy tummy, but there aren't really any other options since this respiratory infection just won't quit. It's been weeks since I got sick, two weeks tomorrow since I ended up in the ER and this thing is just lingering. I'm hoping once it's gone, I'll be healthy for the rest of the year.

I've also decided that I need to bring myself up to speed with the world of technology. I haven't had a cell phone in four years and I think I'm going to jump in today and get another one. I've decided that I want to join in on texting with my friends. After a long day at work, I have no desire to sit in front of a computer to e-mail or chat on the phone, so texting seems like a good option. I'll do a little shopping around before making up my mind.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm happy because my office is closed tomorrow, so I'm planning on enjoying the extra day off. More nonsense later...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That's a long time to not feel well. Go away sickness!

I can't believe you haven't had a cell phone in 4 years. Amazed, really. Wow!