Thursday, February 05, 2009

Late Night Rambling

If you don't fall down and feel the hurt, you'll never know the wonder of getting back up and the relief that comes with the fading of pain.

That's what I thought while I was driving home tonight. I have no idea where that thought came from or why it popped into my head. I was just driving along an empty road after class tonight, looking at the snow covered fields when I had that thought. Or heard the words in my head. I don't know how to describe it. The words were just there. A gentle prod from God, maybe? The rushed thoughts of a too-busy, sleep-deprived woman? No idea.

Happiness and joy seem to be contagious. When people feel good, they tend to share it. But sometimes I wonder where pain goes...pain that runs so deep and courses so viciously in one's heart, that there aren't enough tears to express the depth of the emotion behind it. How does something so real and tangible just go away? Certainly there's a freedom that comes with letting go of old hurts, releasing all that emotional energy. But where does it go? Does God just take it and blow it away like a puff of smoke? Does it turn into a vapor in the wind? Was it ever really there to begin with, or was it just imagined?

Late night thoughts and rambling. A clear sign that I need to go to sleep...

No comments: