Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Most Awesome Part of Being Sick

First, I should say that I don't aspire to being sick. I don't like it at all. There are some perks, though.

I took a sick day yesterday and didn't do anything at all around the house. No cleaning, no laundry, nothing. All I did was hang out with my equally sick Munchkin, watch Disney movies and take a nap. Oh...and I made the most awesome soup ever. Lots of chicken, lots of broccoli and a moderate amount of cheese...ooooohhhhh...it was so yummy. It was even better because I used some leftover hard rolls to make miniature bread bowls. But the soup was awesome in a regular bowl, too. See?

Over the past two days, I've gotten more sleep than I have in the previous eight days combined. That is my very sad reality, but I'm still grateful for the rest. I'm hoping the trend continues. It feels good to get restorative sleep!

Today, I went to Trader Joe's on a produce run. I've been on a pear kick lately and T.J.'s has the best, juiciest pears. Picked up some carrots, broccoli, potatoes, apples and such. Ran to Wal-Mart for a few other odds and ends...like cold medicine. I can count on one hand the number of times in the past five years I've taken cold medicine. I don't like putting anything foreign in my body if I can help it, but this cold is so bad, my poor body was screaming at me to get some help. It seems to be helping--I'm not coughing so hard and my sinuses don't hurt as badly as they did earlier. I think I'll take some more at bedtime with a cup of hot tea. I need to pause here to go make dinner...

I'm back! I started this post a few hours ago and I'm just now getting back to it. I think it's about 9:30pm now. I made a loaf of banana bread a little while ago. I think it smells pretty good, but it's hard to tell because I'm still so stuffy. It's not "real" banana bread. It's one of my homemade concoctions. It's banana bread with chocolate chips and a peanut butter/brown sugar topping. It looks yummy. I hope it tastes good!

And, of course, there's the obvious fact that I fooled around with my blog template. It's so hard to find something to stick with for any length of time, but I saw this one and adored it from first glance. I really like green and tulips are my favorite flowers, so it seemed like a perfect fit...for now. You know, until the next time I change my mind!

No comments: