Monday, January 12, 2009

Jazzy January

I couldn't come up with a better post title. "Jazzy January"? That is pretty bad!

I've got a bad case of the Mondays today. Just dragging myself out of bed to get to work took all my energy. I actually slept three straight hours last night with no interruptions, so there's at least some progress, but I know it's not enough. (Cheryl, I think I'm going to take your advice about seeing the doctor. This whole insomnia thing has taken on a life of its own and I need help.) Anyway, the three hours was actually better than the four broken hours I've been getting.

Yesterday, I took my little Munchkin to a local theater to see Sesame Street Live: Elmo Makes Music. Now, I honestly have more grown-up tastes when it comes to theater productions, but I have to say that this was really cute. There's nothing like seeing 6+ foot Sesame Street characters doing The Hustle. Yeah. Then Bert went disco crazy in a white leisure suit. It was hysterical. There's no video recordings allowed, but of course, you can find anything on YouTube. You can see them below, but really, the videos don't do it justice (you'll have to pause the music at the bottom of my blog to hear the groovy disco tunes on the videos). It's way, way funnier in person. It was a great way to top off the weekend!




No comments: