Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Is My Head Stuffed with Cotton?

My kiddo and I are in a race to see who can use the most tissues and the contest is on to see who can cough louder and harder. Ugh. Being sick is bad. Having a sick kid is bad. Being sick together is really bad, but it's also a great excuse to lay around on the couch all day. I'm so congested, it feels like my head is stuffed with cotton--hence the lame-o title of this post.

Oh, and here's a fun little tidbit of information. I'm no longer a Starbuck's virgin. I went into Starbuck's yesterday to pick up a gift card for a co-worker who helped me out with an issue two weeks ago and it smelled so good in there that I wanted to get something for myself. I thought that since I don't drink coffee, I'd give their hot chocolate a try. It was okay. I feel like I should have been bowled over by it--the girl making it really talked it up, like it was some sort of gift from the gods, made with four kinds of chocolate and whipped cream, for goodness sake! But I have to say that it was just okay. It was warm and felt good on my sore throat, but I think I prefer my own, homemade hot chocolate. In fact, I think I'll go make some now. I took a sick day from my full-time job, but I'm trying to pull it together so I can teach tonight. I hate having to cancel class, especially when we only meet twelve times. It's too hard to catch up once I'm behind, so I'm hoping if I get some rest and don't talk too much today, I'll be able to get through most of class tonight. I'm sure the students wouldn't care if I cancelled, but I'd feel guilty about it. Ah well.

More nonsense later...

No comments: