Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy (almost) New Year!

I'd like to thank the faithful readers who peek at my blog and are kind enough to leave comments from time to time. I'd also like to thank the "lurkers" out there, too! I know I've been sporadic the past few months with my posting. I have no good reasons...I've been tired and distracted, and honestly, going through a few things that I needed to sort out before deciding to share them here.

I read an article in the paper today, essentially about what words you would use if you had to sum up your life in only six words. If you're interested, you can take a look at it HERE. The author was apparently inspired by a book called, "Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure." If you click on the link, it'll take you to a list of quotes--some are funny, some are offensive, some are thought-provoking--and you can even get them on a t-shirt!

I got to thinking about what my words would be. I suppose there could be any variety, depending on my mood and what I think is important at the time. Here's what I've come up with so far...

Mind over matter, no matter what.

Lord, please just let me sleep.

Lord, please let tomorrow be better.

Chocolate and wine are magical cures.

Three years later and still wondering...

Life looks better after turning thirty.

And I just keep thinking that if life started looking better after turning thirty, it should be even more awesome with thirty-one sneaking up on me in a few weeks!

3 comments:

jAMiE said...

Martha...i hope you and your family have a wonderful new year.. Happy New Year 2009!!!!

Cheryl said...

I bought my good friend that book for Christmas. Later my daughter said she was reading through it before I wrapped it and hoped it was for her. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to explore it.

I always enjoy stopping by to see what you have to say. Thanks for being a friend. I hope this is a great year for you. Happy almost 31!

Margaret said...

I am so glad for your first one:-) That's the Force at work!