Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Unplanned Day Off

I spontaneously took a vacation day today! I know, it's hard to imagine me being impulsive, but I did it. I already ran out to the grocery store and voted. The lines were short at my polling place--thank goodness! On the news this morning, I saw lines wrapped around buildings. I'm definitely curious to see the outcome of this election!

I've had so much on my mind recently. I don't know if it's the pre-holiday blues, just knowing the end of the year is coming, or what. I started Christmas shopping a few weeks ago, and that was fun. It made me a little sad, though. Money is super tight this year. The gas prices over the summer really messed up the family budget, so there's just not as much to spend on gifts. And that's okay. I mean, Christmas isn't all about gifts, but I do get into the holiday spirit!

On a side note, I was kind of disappointed in myself last week. I've been doing my best to participate in Fit Friday/Hot for the Holidays plan, but I got bit carried away with the Halloween candy. The good news is that it's a new week and I gave away a lot of the candy. I haven't been able to do a full workout since last Thursday--I've had a cold, and the lingering congestion in my chest makes me wheeze, but even that's almost gone and I can get back to normal--whatever that is!

It was a beautiful morning. It's unseasonably warm, and I took a short walk just after the sun came up. It was beautiful, peaceful. There was a cool breeze on my face, the air smells like Autumn (even though it's 60 degrees!) and I just had a moment of feeling a little closer to God. And I don't have to work today, which is even better.

I'm off for now. I'm not doing any work, not doing any chores, nothing. I'm spending the day with my kiddo and right now, she's asking me to watch Scooby Doo with her, so off I go!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a wonderful way to spend a well deserved day off. And you lucked out with the weather. Isn't it just perfect out?

Cheryl said...

It sounds like a great day, especially with the weather being so nice. You took time to smell the roses.